The Team is a District response to the Methodist Church's priority “to proclaim and affirm its conviction of God's love for us and for all the world; and renew confidence in God's presence and action in the world and in the Church". The Team's remit covers Spirituality, Faith Sharing, Discipleship, and Fresh Expressions of Church.
The Mission Enabling Team is:
- committed to the mission of God in West Yorkshire
- offering our gifts, experience, insights
- seeking to discern the ways God wants us to work
- believing that faith centred on Jesus pushes us to the edges
- changing the focus from inward to outward
- trying to be flexible, open, full of hope
- avoiding arrogance and the illusion of quick-fix solutions
- excited by the stories we are hearing and want to share
- a group of people ready to work with circuits and churches serious about mission
We're working with circuits and churches, leading Retreats and Quiet Days and exploring training opportunities. You can read about the work we're involved in on the other pages in our section which cover the mission shaped intro and mission shaped ministry
courses, and our District Evangelism initiative The Story of Light [coming soon]. We are particularly keen to assist circuits looking at how they link and resource local churches in their mission.